No products in the cart.
Primarily grown in Southeast Asia, Kratom is an evergreen tree known to have stimulant effects, causing similar reactions as opioids. To avoid any dangers associated with these effects, it is necessary to know whether or not can you drink on Kratom.
One can take kratom legally in most of the US states, based on the FDA regulations. However, for its safe consumption, it is essential to understand the various aspects of Kratom, prior to consuming it. Usually, it is taken as a capsule or powder.
Sometimes, it is preferred in the form of drinks like tea, cough syrup, or a caffeinated beverage. Therefore, it is also essential to know how to drink Kratom.
Can You Drink on Kratom?
Although it is possible to do so, it is generally advised to not drink on Kratom as it can lead to medical risks. In some cases, doing so might not be safe and it can result in complications like weakness, dizziness, confusion, and potential overdose.
Therefore, drinking on Kratom should be avoided especially when you have a poor medical history.
- Those who have taken this herbal substance should avoid drinking other things for 24 hours.
- In case of any side effects, one should immediately seek medical help.
Can You Drink Alcohol with Kratom?
Combining alcohol with Kratom should be avoided. Alcohol should not be mixed with this substance in any form. As per the National Library of Medicine, (NIH), taking Kratom drink shots can have serious harmful effects.
Since alcohol is a depressant while this substance is a stimulant, it is best to avoid combining them.
- A mixture of these two substances can cause negative effects on the mind and body.
- Drinking alcohol with Kratom increases the risk of overdose and can even be fatal.
- It can affect the central nervous system, causing respiratory diseases.
- Coma is also one of the most common side effects of mixing alcohol with Kratom.
Can You Drink Kratom Every Day?
There are no set principles when it comes to the frequency of drinking Kratom. As it is observed to have certain medical benefits and pain relieving characteristics, users may report drinking Kratom every day with little to no side effects.
However, daily doses should only be taken in minimal quantities, especially during a chronic medical condition.
- The quantity should be restricted to 3 to 4 grams when taken every day.
- There must be a time gap of at least 12 hours before taking a second dose.
- People over the age of 65 and those suffering from obesity shouldn’t drink Kratom daily.
- Users should be cautious as it can cause dependency when consumed on a daily basis.
Can You Drink Kratom While Pregnant?
Drinking Kratom while pregnant is not quite safe. Although Kratom drink shots can relieve the lower back pain of pregnant women, it is not healthy for the baby. It can stunt the baby’s growth and affect the weight of the newborn.
Further, this herbal product can develop withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. Hence, women are advised against taking Kratom in any form during the course of their pregnancy to maintain the health conditions of both.
Is it Safe to Consume Kratom Energy Drinks?
Officially, there may be no certainty on the safety of mixing energy drink with Kratom. However, this combination has gained immense popularity in the recent past. As users find it to have more stimulating effects, they prefer mixing the substance in their drinks.
But, to ensure safety, the dosage of the herb and the kind of energy drink it is combined with should be carefully monitored.
- While vein Kratom mixed with energy drinks has higher estimating effects, it’s not safe.
- Red Vein Kratom and energy drinks have sedative effects. They could be a little safe.
- Green Vein Kratom has relaxation effects when taken with such drinks.
- Preferring these combinations is not safe for those with:
- Heart conditions
- In the case of patients, a medical professional should be visited prior to such intake.
Can You Drink with Kratom Legally?
In most US states, you will be able to drink Kratom legally. However, the FDA has not recognized it as a drug with medical benefits. It is also marked as a drug of concern by the DEA.
This substance has acquired legality in a few states. However, it has not yet acquired full approval from the FDA and the governments of many other countries. The following are some of the few states in which people can drink Kratom legally but with certain restrictions:
- New Hampshire
Note: Kratom is illegal in France, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Argentina, Croatia, Finland, etc.
Can You Drink Kratom to Reduce Anxiety?
Studies have shown that the consumption of Kratom in the form of a drink can reduce anxiety. Moreover, it can improve mental health and cause relaxation effects. However, addiction on drinking Kratom to specifically cure anxiety can lead to psychological dependence.
- The dosage should be controlled and not more than 7-8 grams should be taken.
- In case of dependence, users can try out other alternatives to cure anxiety.
- Extreme dependence can lead to withdrawal symptoms when consumption is stopped.
How to Drink Kratom Powder?
Kratom powder can be mixed with a beverage to be consumed in the form of a drink. The best way to drink Kratom is by incorporating it into a smoothie. The sweetness of the fruit compensates for the bitterness of the powder. It can be mixed with other liquids as well.
Some of these liquids include:
- Energy drinks
- Fruit punches
- Chocolate milk
- Orange or mango juice
- Certain caffeinated beverages
- Cough syrup
Tip: Ensure that your body is compatible with drinking Kratom powder before going for high doses.
How to Consume Kava Kratom Drink?
Kava is a plant growing in the Pacific Islands whose roots, when consumed, are known to produce calming effects. It can be taken as a drink or capsule and is sometimes mixed with Kratom powder. This Kava Kratom drink is famous for having relaxation and mood-elevating effects.
The drink can be prepared by mixing small doses of Kava and this herb. The following steps give a description of the preparation of Kratom drinks:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of white or red Kratom to a glass of water or juice.
- Take the kava extract up to half a teaspoon or 1 teaspoon. Add it to the juice.
- Mix the juice well.
- Add ice cubes and mint leaves as desired.
Tip: Make sure to not add heavy doses of either of the two products.
How to Drink Kratom with Juice?
Kratom can be simply mixed with various types of juices like fruit punches, green juice, mango orange, or apple cider. One can feel free to drink Kratom with any juice as long as the dosage is maintained. Also, prior to consuming, it should be determined that the consumer does not have any health condition.
One of the most popular Krayom juices is the Fresh Green Juice. It can be prepared in the following way:
- Juice the required ingredients including:
- A bunch of kale
- 1 peeled cucumber
- A peeled ginger
- 1 lemon
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 peeled apples
- Add the juice to a glass. Put the Kratom powder of your choice at a minimal dose into it.
- Mix it well using a blender and add ice.
How to Drink Kratom Powder with Tea?
Those who prefer to mix Kratom powder with beverages usually consume it in the form of tea. Kratom and drinking tea are known to have pain-relieving effects. When is when the substance is taken in small quantities? It can have sedative effects when consumed in large doses.
- To prepare this tea, firstly, boil about 2-3 cups of water in a teapot or a regular pot.
- When the water reaches the boiling point, reduce the heat.
- Measure the Kratom powder as per your requirements and add it to the water.
- Stir the mixture for about 13 minutes on low heat.
- When there are no Kratom clumps left, remove the pot from heat.
- Let the tea cool off and then strain it to remove any excess powder.
- Add honey, sugar, lemon, or any other sweeteners to this tea.
All in all, Kratom is shown to have both positive and negative effects. Hence, it should be consumed when necessary and at a required dosage. Even then, users should exercise caution while taking it in any form be it a drink, a capsule, or as a powder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I consume Kratom Kava Drink?
Only those without any pre-existing medical conditions can consume Kratom kava drink.
Can you drink alcohol with Kratom?
No, it is not safe to drink alcohol with Kratom.
Can you drink alcohol after Kratom?
You can drink alcohol after kratom but after a time gap of at least 24 hours.
How to make Kratom drink?
Kratom drinks can be made by mixing Kratom powder with tea, smoothies, juices, or a beverage.
Can you drink Kratom while pregnant?
It is advised not to drink Kratom during pregnancy.
What is Kratom drink?
Kratom drink is a mixture of herbal powder with a suitable liquid.
What are the Kratom drink benefits?
Kratom drinks are known to relax the mind, reduce anxiety, and help with mental health.
How to use Kratom to stop drinking?
Kratom can help with alcohol withdrawal when consumed in small quantities.