No products in the cart.
As per various studies, Kratom, the tropical herb, is known to have both benefits and risks. To properly evaluate these risks, users must know if is Kratom dangerous. Only if you know how dangerous this substance can be and the side effects, will you be able to avoid any negative consequences. The substance should only be taken according to one’s level of adaptability. Hence, it is necessary to make sure that you are fully aware of the overall effect of kratom before consuming it, what precautions to be taken, and how to avoid ill effects.
Is Kratom Dangerous If Taken Everyday?
Kratom is essentially a stimulant herb that has effects that can lead to addiction. Therefore, if Kratom is taken every day in high doses, it can prove to be quite detrimental to one’s health in the long run. To avoid such Kratom dangers, it should be taken in small doses once in a while.
- Except for medical purposes, it is recommended to avoid taking Kratom every day.
- If you are medically prescribed to take it every day, make sure to follow the dosage.
- Consuming Kratom every day for recreational purposes can be consequential.
How Dangerous is Kratom?
The extent of Kratom dangers can depend on the manner of use, especially the frequency and the dosage. Also, different people might react in different ways to the consumption of Kratom due to factors like body mass, mental stability, and compatibility. Hence, the level of its danger can vary from person to person.
- Frequent higher doses of this substance can make it quite dangerous.
- It is hazardous for those with lower body weight and muscle mass.
- This could be highly dangerous for persons with heart diseases and medical issues.
- Kratom consumption could be quite harmful for pregnant women.
How Much Kratom is Dangerous?
A mild dosage of Kratom can be safe for consumption. However, the drug turns dangerous when the dose is increased to a level that is beyond your consumption capacity. The dangers of taking Kratom in high quantities can be long-lasting and sometimes irreversible.
- A dose of more than 4 grams every day can be harmful.
- The side effects usually start to set in at 7 grams.
- Consuming more than 12 grams at once can lead to overdose.
- Small doses between 1-3 grams should be preferred, especially by beginners.
What are the Dangers of Kratom Use?
The regular usage of Kratom can cause a considerable level of damage. These dangers of Kratom consumption can be both physical and mental. These can only be avoided if the necessary precautions are properly adhered to.
Some of the ill effects of Kratom use are as follows:
- Excessive usage can lead to seizures, hallucinations, and psychosis.
- Immediate effects can include dizziness and vomiting.
- The possibility of an overdose is one of the most serious dangers of Kratom.
- Addiction and dependence are also the potential risks of Kratom ingestion.
Why is Kratom Dangerous?
Kratom is an opioid-like natural herb that has a high concentration of alkaloids. The composition of this substance makes it dangerous for consumption. Also, Kratom has addictive effects which is the main evidence that stands for the hazardous impact of this herb. Hence, Kratom dangerous side effects like overdose, dry mouth, risk of coma, liver damage, nausea, etc. also render this drug harmful.
Is Alcohol and Kratom Dangerous?
Alcohol has sedation effects while Kratom mainly has stimulant effects. Hence, it is dangerous to mix these two together as it can confuse the mind. Some of the dangers of Kratom and alcohol can be as follows:
- Drinking Kratom on alcohol can lead to an increased heart rate and agitation.
- Intense headaches and dizziness can also be caused.
- It can be fatal when both these substances are taken together in high doses.
- The central nervous system of the consumer can be severely damaged.
- Confusion, hallucinations, and psychotic breaks are also experienced.
What are the Dangers of Long-Term Kratom Use?
Those who consume Kratom frequently and on a continuous basis are prone to the long-term dangers of Kratom. Their day-to-day functioning can be severely affected as well. Also, long-term usage of Kratom can be harmful to the offspring and coming generations as well.
- Loss of appetite, anorexia, and weight loss are the most common long-term effects.
- Slow darkening of the facial skin of long-term users can be observed.
- Addiction to Kratom can be developed which can later lead to withdrawal symptoms.
- Users can also suffer from insomnia, muscle aches, and tremors.
Are Kratom Withdrawals Dangerous?
Constant usage of Kratom can ultimately result in its addiction and dependence. When such addicted consumers stop taking the product, it leads to withdrawals since these consumers will not be able to survive without the product. Such withdrawals can have Kratom dangerous effects.
- Users suffering from Kratom withdrawal are prone to hot flashes and jerky body movements.
- Extreme cravings beyond the point of control can be observed.
- Swelling of eyes and runny nose can be experienced as well.
- Major withdrawal symptoms include the inability to cope with anything or any task.
- Sufferers are known to get easily irritated, angered, nervous, and restless.
- Severe muscle cramps are also experienced during Kratom withdrawal.
Is it Dangerous to Mix Tramadol with Kratom?
Tramadol is a pain-relieving opioid medication. It is generally used in cases of severe pain. Mixing Kratom and tramadol is extremely dangerous as it can cause an agonistic interaction between the receptors of both these substances. The dangers of Kratom Tramadol combination can be:
- Such a combination can lead to muscle injury and fatigue.
- It can have a detrimental effect on one’s mental and physical state.
- Tradamol and Kratom can also induce coma due to an overdose.
- Severe damage to the lungs and liver can be observed.
What Are the Dangers of Taking Methadone with Kratom?
Methadone is an opioid that is used to treat chronic pain and addiction to substances like heroin. Kratom is generally used to treat dependence on methadone. However, studies suggesting the dangers of taking Kratom with methadone are limited in number. But, the mixing of these two drugs should be avoided.
- Combining Kratom and methadone without medical supervision can negatively affect the user.
- Since both of these products have opioid like effects, they may not mix well together
- It is advised to consult a professional before ingesting any such combination.
Is Kratom Really Dangerous?
Kratom can prove to be dangerous if it is taken against medical advice or the prescribed limits. If precautions like maintaining consistency, using proper methods of consumption, etc are followed, it is possible to overcome the dangers of Kratom use.
- Rather than directly, taking it in the form of Kratom capsules can be less dangerous.
- Reducing the frequency of consumption can also diminish the chances of hazards.
- Getting a medically approved dose is also essential.
Further, though DEA has earlier deemed Kratom to be a drug of concern, it is now in the works to reevaluate its position with regard to the usage of this herb. Hence, consumption of Kratom might not be dangerous when measures are established.
The dangers of Kratom can be controlled if proper supervision is entailed. Anything over the limit can lead to damage, hence, efforts should be made to consume minimum dosage at proper intervals. If these suggestions could be followed, taking Kratom would not result in ill consequences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the dangers of Kratom?
Ans. Kratom can cause addiction, headaches, vomiting, dizziness, and long-term damage.
Q2. How to avoid Kratom use dangers?
Ans. The dangers of Kratom usage can be avoided by following the necessary precautions.
Q3. Is alcohol Kratom dangerous?
Ans. Yes, it is quite dangerous to mix alcohol with Kratom.
Q4. Is Kratom really dangerous?
Ans. If kratom is not taken in the right dosage and without the right precautions, then it can prove to be quite dangerous.
Q5. How much Kratom is dangerous?
Ans. A high dosage of more than 12 grams can lead to a Kratom overdose.
Q6. What are the short-term dangers of taking Kratom?
Ans. Immediate dangers can include nausea, restlessness, and inability to adapt to its effects.