No products in the cart.
Kratom is a natural supplement derived from Mitragyna speciosa, indigenous to Southeast Asia. It is essentially a herb, known to have stimulating and sedating effects, similar to opiates.
Not everyone can get used to its effects, hence before consuming it, one needs to know what is Kratom, its types, and how it should be used. This will ensure safer consumption and help in preventing side effects.
Both the health benefits offered by the product and its potential risks should be also learned. This helps the prospective users get a clearer idea about the substance.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a kind of drug that is mostly found in Thailand. It has psychoactive qualities that affect the mind and body of the users. Due to its relaxation effects, Kratom is also used to cure conditions like anxiety and stress.
- Kratom has two chiel ingredients, 7-hydroxy mitragynine, and mitragynine.
- It has both short and long-term effects and risks.
- It is relatively newer when compared to opioids or guarana.
What are the Different Types of Kratom?
There are three basic Kratom types or strains namely White Vein, Green Vein, and Red Vein. By adding a few more ingredients to these basic strains, other types of Kratom can be obtained. The most suitable type can be selected based on the user’s requirements.
The stains are further classified into the following types:
- Kratom Maeng Da and White Borneo are the chief types of White Vein Kratom.
- Green Vein Kratom is classified into GMD, Green Malay, and Green Borneo Kratom.
- Red Bali Kratom, RMD, and Red Dragon Kratom are the types of Red Vein Kratom.
How to Use Kratom?
Traditionally, Kratom leaves are chewed or made into a beverage. Recently, a number of ways of Kratom use have been developed to manage the dose and effect. This substance can be used in different forms like tea, Kratom vapes, pills, capsules, juices, or powder. It can also be mixed with certain food items.
- Kratom tea can be made by mixing a dose of the powder with flavored tea.
- To use Kratom in the form of a vape, vape pens or bars can be preferred.
- Kratom powder or extract can also be stuffed in capsules or pills.
- Kratom juice can also be extracted and mixed with any beverage.
How to Use Kratom Powder?
Kratom can be taken in the form of a powder by mixing it with any food substance preferably tea or juice. While using Kratom in the form of a powder, it is necessary to measure and scale out the dosage. Anything more than the required dosage can result in severe side effects.
- Beginners can start off with 50-100 mg of Kratom powder.
- The powder can be directly thrown at the back of the throat and washed down with a drink.
- It can be blended with different liquids like smoothies, tea, cough syrup, and coffee.
- The powder can be taken in a capsule at a standard dosage of 1g.
- Food items like oatmeal, bread, yogurt, or pudding can be laced with Kratom powder.
What is Kratom Tea?
Kratom tea refers to a hot beverage that is made using Kratom powder. It is considered one of the best ways to take this substance. It proves to be quite easy to ingest the product once you know how to make Kratom tea.
Additionally, some of the major Kratom tea benefits include the proper management of dosage and the option to select the desired flavor. The lemon and honey used in the tea also help in concealing the bitterness of Kratom.
What are Kratom Pills?
Many users regard pills as the best Kratom type as they not only conceal the sharp taste of Kratom powder but can also be taken in standard doses. These pills or capsules should be washed down the throat with a non-carbonated drink.
It is advised to not take more than 1-2 pills daily. Constant dependence on the capsules can lead to addiction.
What is the Use of Making Kratom Extract?
Kratom extract is one of the easier ways of consuming the herb. Those who do not directly wish to consume the powder can go for this extract. The extract is made by mining the Kratom leaves. It can either be combined with juice or smoked via a vape in the form of an e-cigarette
- One of the benefits of Kratom extract is that it is slowly injected into the body.
- It can be mixed with any drink of your choice.
- It is best known for helping with joint and muscle pains.
- Consumers can prefer to take it through vapes as well.
What are the Benefits of Kratom?
There can be several Kratom benefits provided that the quantity is regulated and the dosage is controlled. It is not only known to improve the mental state but also cure physical problems. These benefits can be enjoyed irrespective of the form in which the product is taken.
- Kratom can increase energy levels when consumed in small doses.
- It is known to relieve joint pain, especially chronic pain.
- The drug aids in the reduction of stress, and anxiety and improves the mental state.
- Enhancement of mood is one of the major qualities of Kratom.
- It treats muscle cramps and fatigue.
- Conditions like diarrhea and constipation can also be treated by using Kratom.
- Kratom can also be used to tackle opioid addiction.
Important: To sustain the health benefits of Kratom without severe side effects, it is recommended to consult a medical professional.
How Long Has Kratom Been Used?
This herb has been in use since around the 19th century. It was originally popular in Southeastern regions like Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua etc. After the discovery of its many uses and benefits, the drug was popularized in many Western nations.
However, it has not yet acquired a legal status in many parts of the world. The DEA still deems it as a drug of concern.
What are the Side Effects of Kratom Use?
Along with benefits, Kratom is also known to have certain side effects. These risks usually persist if the drug is taken daily in more than necessary quantities. Side effects of Kratom long term use can lead to severe damage to the liver and kidneys and also affect the mental development in young adults.
- Frequent consumption of Kratom can lead to chills and nausea.
- Vomiting and dizziness are the most common side effects observed.
- High doses of the herb can induce coma.
- Regular users tend to go through seizures and tremors.
- Insomnia and hallucinations can also be caused.
- Brain damage and inhibition of mental growth are some of the severe side effects.
How Much Kratom to Use?
The extent and dosage of the Kratom use varies from person to person. A beginner is recommended to take only 50-100 mg of the substance. The dosage can then be slowly increased to 1g per day.
Those using Kratom to cure chronic illnesses can take 3-4 grams. A high dosage of 7-8 g should be avoided as it can lead to addiction.
Although there are different Kratom benefits, its side effects also have an equal counterpart. Therefore, users should be cautious while consuming the product and understand its consequences. Anything taken in the right amount can be beneficial and equally damaging when taken in high doses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kratom used for?
Kratom is used for its stimulating effects and also to cure anxiety, stress, and joint pains.
What is Kratom made from?
Kratom is a natural herbal that mainly consists of 7-hydroxy mitragynine and mitragynine.
How do you use Kratom?
Kratom can be used in the form of powder, vape, juice, capsules, and pills.
What are the types of Kratom?
The types of Kratom chart shows Red Vein, White Vein, and Green Vein Kratom which are subdivided into further types.
What are the uses for Kratom?
Kratom helps to diminish stress, depression and reduce muscle pains, and also enhance the mood of the users.
What is a Kratom?
Kratom is a herb similar in effect to opiates that causes both stimulation and sedation effects.
How is Kratom used?
Kratom is used generally in the form of a powder but sometimes as an extract or capsule.
What is the effect of long term Kratom use?
Long term Kratom use can lead to addiction, breakdowns, brain and liver damage, and cause coma.