No products in the cart.
Electronic devices like e-cigarettes or vapes are battery-powered and are extensively used by people. However, despite being convenient, they could also prove hazardous.
Explosions caused by vaping are the result of faulty manufacturing, expired or defective batteries, or poorly made vapes. To avoid such instances, it is essential for users to understand the potential explosive risks of vapes and take necessary precautions.
Although that kind of incident happens in rare cases, being aware and responsible could keep users safe from such unfortunate accidents.
Can Vape Blow Up In The Mouth?
Even though it happens very occasionally, there have been instances in which vape products have malfunctioned and hurt the user’s mouth or face.
- There is a chance that a vape device such as pods or pens could hurt the user’s mouth if it exploded or a sudden failure during use.
- The events are frequently brought on by defective batteries, inappropriate handling, or the usage of subpar or damaged equipment.
- Low-quality components used in the construction of the vape can cause the vape to blow up in the mouth.
- Using a mechanical mod vape can increase the risk of the battery malfunctioning and causing an explosion.
- When users inhale deeply while performing vape tricks which causes the pressure within the vape increases causing an explosion.
- If objects such as milk, juice, or any other substances are placed inside the vape, it can cause the battery to overheat and explode.
- Do not charge or use a vape device near a pillow or sofa where it might unintentionally turn on or overheat.
How Often Do Vapes Explode?
Vape has been in the news recently due to reports of exploding. Let’s take a closer look at how often vapes actually explode.
- If the user physically abuses the device such as dropping it or crushing it, leading to an unexpected explosion.
- There have been over 150 reports of explosions in the last few years in the US.
- Users should stay alert about the explosion, if their e-cigarette catches fire, it could be harmful to you or those nearby.
- If the vape’s battery catches fire near combustible substances like fluids or gases such as oxygen and gasoline, the results could be disastrous.
- Not properly servicing or maintaining your vape can make it more prone to explosion.
- Overusing a vape may put it at risk of explosion.
Why Do Vapes Explode In Heat?
Due to the explosive qualities of their internal components, vapes have the potential to explode when exposed to heat.
- Thermal Runaway: If a battery’s internal structure is compromised by high temperatures, an increase in the pressure of the battery can cause an explosion.
- Enhanced Internal Pressure: Heat may lead the battery’s liquid electrolyte to expand. The battery shell may burst and explode due to pressure.
- Battery degeneration: Heat can hasten the internal battery components’ degeneration, decreasing the battery’s stability and leading to failure.
- Manufacturing flaws: Poor safety features of vape devices and their malfunction might increase by using inferior materials or shoddy workmanship.
- Wrong charger or modifications: Using chargers that aren’t compatible with the battery or exceeding the voltage might raise the risk of explosion.
What Causes A Vape To Explode?
The vape’s battery is typically the issue, however, there are also a few other things to take into account as well :
- Physical harm to the vape, such as drops, bumps, might harm the device’s strength and raise the chance of an explosion.
- If the battery is put incorrectly or if both ends of the battery make contact with metal objects in a pocket or bag then it can explode.
- Accidentally dropping water on it or in any case it gets wet, may cause the explosion to the vape as it may not be water resistant.
- Inadequate venting systems, poor wiring, or insufficient safety measures. These problems may raise the likelihood of an explosion.
- It is risky for vapers to construct low-resistance coils without safety measures. The battery will eventually overheat and catch fire.
- Vape will overheat if you drop it frequently, handle it improperly, or leave it in the sun and expose it to severe temperatures.
How To Know If Your Vape Is Going To Explode?
While it may not always be possible to predict precisely if a vape device might explode, certain signs can suggest a potential risk. To be aware of, here are some warning signs to look out for;
- If the user detects hissing or other strange sounds or smells while vaping, they should investigate further.
- Signs of an underlying issue in the vape, such as shooting without warning, not turning on or off properly, or suffering difficulties while in use.
- The risk may increase if the apparatus appears to be improperly built, has loose components, or exhibits physical deterioration.
- A problem like disposable vapes exploding can be raised if the battery shows signs of bloating, breaking, or leakage.
- If warning signs are present, it is recommended to stop using the vape and contact the manufacturer for help.
What Brand Of Vape Pens Are Exploding Frequently?
There have been complaints of vape devices from different brands. The occurrences of explosions are uncommon, compared to the prevalence of the technology.
- Wotopho’s Phantom is the example of the brands and models of vape devices and chargers that have come in these incidents.
- The Reuleaux Wismec Rx200 device has been linked to similar tragedies as vape pens explode.
- CDC Dank Vape is reported to be the most dangerous one.
- Vapes seem to be less dangerous than cigarettes but if these will also cause serious health injuries then trust issues may arise.
- Disposable Vapes like Rove and TKO are the cause of such troubles that are increasing the patients’ list.
- SMOK have been reported to explode due to substandard manufacturing.
- VapCIG is linked to cases of exploding due to faulty batteries.
Lastly, It is crucial to adopt appropriate safety precautions of vape, use reliable products, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions in order to reduce the danger.
To reduce the dangerous chemicals created by e-cigarettes, be cautious about where you purchase your liquids. Purchase from a reputable e-liquid brand, and use a device with lower power output.