No products in the cart.
You walk into your teenager’s room. And the prime thing that comes in the way of your nose is an essence of a very curious odor. The moment you see throughout the room, your eye catches a device. This keeps you in a very intriguing state to know what it is.
When you get close to it, you see an indistinct vapor constantly flowing from it. There you realize, your teen is vaping. By that time, as a parent, the first thing that comes to your mind is to address your teen about it.
But there are millions of parents who don’t know how to recognize or find out about their teens’ vaping habits. So, “How can you say that your teen is vaping?” or “What are the signs your teen is vaping?”. We will see how.
What Does Vaping Do to a Teenager?
Vaping can have a number of negative effects on teenagers, including:
- It can cause harm to a teenager’s brain and make them behave very weirdly and also uncomfortable towards their surroundings.
- Teenagers are very sensitive, so nicotine addiction can impact them more rapidly.
- As they are vulnerable, they can also have a grievous amount of coughing and wheezing as well.
- Vapes can increase the negative impact on the heart and can cause damaging conditions to a teenager’s heart.
- It also affects their oral health.
- A teen’s immune system is at a budding stage, so consuming vape can degrade it rapidly.
So, the question “What does vaping do to a teenager?”, is clearly understood from the above issues
Why Do Teens Vape?
There are several reasons why teenagers may choose to vape, including:
- They go through a lot of peer pressure as they get mocked by their vape-using friends for not using vapes. And also this is one reason in general, why do people vape.
- As a teenager, you’re always curious about many things, so this can be one of them.
- Trying different flavors, maybe any flavor, makes them more attracted to this.
- They are surrounded by the bubble of belief that vapes are usually a safer alternative to smoking.
- Mostly, they use it to easily deal with their stress and anxiety.
Thus, the above reasons explains the question, “Why do teens vape?”
What are the Major Side Effects of Teenage Vaping?
Teenage vaping can have a range of negative side effects, a few of them are:
- Various respiratory problems such as lung damage and nasal issues.
- Problems in the heart and increased blood pressure at times.
- Getting irritated and moody all the time.
So, these are some of the major side effects of teenage vaping.
How do Teens Get Vapes?
Teens can get vapes through a variety of means, including:
- They use various online sites to order vape for themselves.
- They can usually get vapes from vape shops around the neighborhood or within the city.
- Many teens might have contact or a friend who is of legal age to buy for them.
- Some convenience stores also come to the scene as well.
- They can also get from black markets or the dark web too.
This perfectly answers the curious question of “How do teens get vapes?”.
What are the Potential Dangers of Vaping for Teens in Public?
Vaping in public can pose several potential dangers for teenagers, including:
- Teenagers usually take passive vaping for fun but it can cause extreme harm in the public which they don’t realize.
- There are certain laws that can be implemented on them if they go beyond the guidelines of public safety.
- In social places, the act of vaping can be seen as a very negative and rude impression.
Therefore, these are the potential dangers of vaping for teens in public and of which they should be aware.
What are the Vaping Effects on Teens When they are Mentally Down?
When teenagers are mentally down, there can be severe effects of vaping while their mental health is down, including:
- For a short period of time, vaping can excuse their depression and anxiety.
- Their dependence on nicotine will increase day by day.
- If your teenager is under treatment, and during that period, if they vape, it will cause severe interference to it.
- Sometimes, excessive vaping can make a teen attempt to self harm or suicide.
So, these issues explain the “What are the Vaping effects on teens when they are mentally down?” when they are mentally down, which needs to be identified before any mishap happens.
What Percent of Teens Vape?
The prevalence of teen vaping varies depending on the country and specific population being studied.
- Approximately 19.6% of high school students in the United States reported using Vapes in 2020. This is down from 27.5% in 2019.
- Also, the percentage of vapes used by middle school students was 4.7% in 2020, down from 10.5% in 2019.
- In other countries, the prevalence of teen vaping may be different. A 2020 study in the United Kingdom found that 15.5% of 11-18-year-olds reported ever having used vapes.
- While a 2019 study in Canada found that 15.5% of high school students reported using vapes.
(This report is based on the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).)
So, the above information gives a fair knowledge of the question, “What percent of teens vape?”.
Vaping has tended to present itself as a serious matter for teenagers. So make sure to counsel your teen about the dangers of vaping, which can nearly destroy their lives as well.
They should be made aware of the potential dangers and should act vigilant. And to keep themselves away from the act of vaping, which will make their life more healthy and relaxing.